Camping is the art of getting closer to nature while getting farther away from the cold beverages or your most loved Italian dishes, hot steamy showers and flush toilets.Camping lets you talk with the nature and a great way to get some fresh air. Sit around a roaring bonfire, laugh out at the silliest jokes, share the deepest secrets with your close friends, tell ghost stories, marvel at the glorious beauty of shimmering stars, listen to soft music and say bye to the luxuries of your life for a day.
Let’s look at some camping tips to help your journey go as smoothly as possible –
- Do a thorough research about the place you are going to visit before making any reservations and check the camping rules about what you can and cannot do. Don’t forget to check the weather forecast as well because you surely won’t be pleased if heavy rains or scorching heat welcomes you with wide-open arms. Things may not go as you planned,as nature is always known for unexpected surprises so better be prepared for the worst and pack accordingly.
- Make sure that you have all the required equipment and tools to fix the tent. Practice to set up your tent in the backyard a few times to check if everything goes all right as nothing worse than getting to a campsite, and finding out that you missed one tool at home. Practicing at home will ensure you on how to put up and take down the tent with ease.
- Your camping night could turn to a nightmare if all of a sudden, flashlight batteries die or you are left with nothing to eat so it’s always better to double up your essentials that include water, non-perishable food, toilet paper, batteries, blankets etc.
- Wrong bedding is going to make your camp night miserable so don’t commit this mistake and buy appropriate sleeping bags with no hurries.
Things to pack –
- Bug spray
- Flashlights to help you get through woods in dark.